Thursday, July 5, 2012

For A Better Day


You can make my head explode,
In a million different ways
As your reasons and your words
They melt away

Like a shining light she calls to me
A beacon from the depths
Her voice it floats
Promising deliverance

I stand upon the precipice
Waiting for someone
Who will hold my hand
Just before I jump

And as my glassy eyes they shine
With pain I realize
My folly Of, hope from a race
Doomed to fail

For all the reasons that you spew,
All your lies and all your filth
Why must you ask me to trust again?

And all the dying suns align again
For us to comprehend
All the visions we beheld
Before the end

Cycles and revisits lie
Like a blight upon the world
We are forced to make,
To be the fools again

Truth it still eludes us
While lies take precedence
It's much easier, to give in
To pretend

If only I knew you then as I do today
All the time that I have lost I'd hoard away
For a better day

No comments:

Post a Comment